Hunting Season Preparedness Guide
As the summer comes to an end, America’s hunters are getting ready for another season to begin. We’ve put together this handy hunting season preparedness guide to help you get ready to bag a big one this year!
Know the Law
Hunting regulations vary from state to state, so make sure you’ve done your homework before you climb that tree stand. There are details for each state about licenses and permits, safety classes, and more at: http://www.wheretohunt.org/.
Get Your Gear in Order
Check that all of your equipment is clean and in good working order. Be sure to sight in your weapon, and take plenty of practice shots at the range. Test other items like tree stands or blinds to make sure they won’t fail you when you need them most!
You’ll need plenty of other supplies to ensure happy hunting. Be sure to pack:
- Your Hunting License, and any other permits
- Extra Ammo
- Knives and Saws, for skinning and field dressing
- Warm Clothes, with several changes and fresh socks for each day
- Camping Equipment
- Rain Gear
- First Aid Kit
- Bright Orange Safety Clothing
- Garbage Bags and Toilet Paper
- A Camera, to take pictures of your trophies
- Plenty of food, including HeaterMeals!