How do I purchase HeaterMeals Self-Heating Meals?
- There are several options for purchasing HeaterMeals, the easiest is online at this website (www.heatermeals.com) We accept Visa, Master Card, Discover and American Express
- You can also call us directly at 800-503-4483
How long does it take to get HeaterMeals after I order?
- In an emergency situation, we can ship 24/7 on the same day that you order, assuming that our order inventory is available. Please see our emergency contact information.
- For non-emergency orders, HeaterMeals ship within 3 to 5 business days, plus the shipping time to your door.
Are HeaterMeals just like MREs?
What is the shelf-life of HeaterMeals Self-Heating Meals?
- The shelf-lives of our four HeaterMeals product lines vary to fit your needs.
- To safeguard the shelf-life on any of our HeaterMeals products, they must be stored at 80 degrees Fahrenheit or below.
- The longer shelf-life listed in the chart below can be attained if the food has been kept under controlled conditions for the entire storage period.
Use By Dates:
- All HeaterMeals packages are stamped with a Please Use By date. These are the recommended consumption dates, and note the end of the period in which the food is at its optimum for consumption for maximum freshness, flavor, color, texture and nutritional value.
Food Trays and Food Pouches:
- HeaterMeals EX and EX Plus are packaged in high-barrier, flexible, 4-layer foil pouches. The food is first cooked, then sealed in the pouch and cooked a second time under pressure. This assures a safe, easy-to-store meal, with extended shelf-life.
- HeaterMeals EX and EX Plus can attain a 5-year shelf-life, based on the production date and storage temperature.
- HeaterMeals Plus is served in a sealed tray. They are prepared in a similar fashion to the pouches.
- The food is first fully prepared and cooked, then sealed inside the tray. Once in the tray, the food is cooked under pressure a second time.
- The tray in the HeaterMeals Plus meal kit overall shelf-life of the kit is up to 1 year because of the additional snack items.
How does it work, how do you heat a meal?
- We have a set of instructions (and a video) here.
- We don’t just use it, we invented it! Back in 1990 we developed the self-heating technology found in all HeaterMeals Self-Heating Meals and MREs.
- Since 1990 we’ve made nearly two billion food heaters.